Good Evening Everyone, we are now good to go with the proposed SCAS Indoor Postal League. The information that follows was received today by email from the organisers:
Southern Counties Indoor Postal League 2019
- • Round - Portsmouth
• Straight league - All counties submitting and ranked in team order for each bow style.
• Bowstyles – ▪ Recurve (8 archers to count)
▪ Compound (6 to count)
▪ Longbow (5 to count)
▪ Barebow (4 to count),
▪ Junior Mixed bow styles (8 to count)
• If a county has no archers for a bow style, then they are not listed in that bow styles results for the month/league results.
• Juniors Mixed team to have a handicap as follows (Recurve - as scored, Longbow and Barebow plus 20% , Compound minus 10%) These have been worked out using the last 3 years of Hertfordshire data.
• All scores submitted will count, up to the maximum for that bow style. If less than the stated team size then the number of scores submitted will count.
• All archers are expected to follow their counties normal submission criteria. All scores are submitted to the "SCAS Indoor Leagues Organiser" (SILO) - Dave Chudley, by a County Officer/ Team Manager etc. No archers are to submit directly to SILO. Any scores submitted directly to the SILO will be ignored.
• All scores submitted must be shot before the 21st and submitted to the SILO by the 28th of the month. (this is to put a little pressure on the teams to simulate an actual meeting)
• Scores submitted must list County, Archer, date shot, Score, Hits, xs. (maybe run an individual league also, just for bragging rights)
• All Scores to be submitted on the spread sheet / word document supplied only.
• This year’s league is bragging rights only. Other years could possibly involve SCAS medals etc
• All teams where possible, should be contain members of the opposite sex.
Any problems then please contact – Stuart Barber - Hertfordshire County Chairman . 07753 681315
OK, so if you want to be part of this as so many of you indicated when it was originally suggested:
SHOOT A PORTSMOUTH ROUND BETWEEN 1ST AND 21ST OF JANUARY.
REPEAT IN FEBRUARY AND AGAIN IN MARCH.
I will collate the scores and the teams will be formed from the highest scoring archers up to the maximum number per team.
Please note, I will not chase scores. If they are not submitted or they arrive too late, you will not be included. Help me to help you and together we can make the Hampshire County Archery Team a force to be feared!
HAA Team Manager