I have had numerous record claims since taking over and it has become clear that some people aren't too sure about how to claim records. Here are some pointers,
- Records can be claimed only by members of Hampshire Archery Association.
- Records need to be claimed within 6 months of the shoot taking place. Records cannot be claimed retrospectively
- Records must be shot at 'open' shoots. Closed shoots will not be accepted.
- Competitions should also have a Judge or Field Captain
- More than 1 record can be taken in a single day for example for any WA1440 you could claim 7 records. The round it's self, the long metric, short metric and all four individual distances.
- On Imperial distances (York, Hereford, Bristol's) you can also claim for the corresponding National round (a picture of the score sheet MUST be supplied for the record to be ratified)
- When claiming please include the results sheet, the claim form and a picture of the applicable score sheet. This may be done via email or Postal. The score sheet is very helpful should any tie break happen.
- Tie breaks will be decided as follows
(i) Archery GB Imperial Rounds.
Award Based On 1st Tie Break 2nd Tie Break Score Hits Gold's Hits Score Gold's Gold's Score Hits
(ii) Archery GB Metric Rounds
Award Based On 1st Tie Break 2nd Tie Break Score Tens (inc X's) X's Tens X's Score